Delivery robot catches fire on the job

The battery ignited with “some smoke and minor flames,” causing a student to grab a nearby fire extinguisher before the Berkeley Fire Department arrived to make sure that it wouldn’t reignite.

Did anyone order BBQ?

The non-New Zealand affiliated delivery startup, which uses a combination of automated robots and human delivery drivers, had one of its batteries catch fire mid delivery.

According to their blog post the battery wasn’t replaced in time as it was scheduled to do so and has resulted in what they believe to be an issue impacting 0.6% of their robot fleet.

Source: Kiwi blames ‘human error’ after delivery robot catches fire | TechCrunch

Reckoner had its humble beginnings way back in June of 2013.

Founded by James Croft, along with Peter Wells and Anthony Agius they created what would go on to become one of Australia’s most highly regarded and award winning independent tech blogs.

With its uniquely Australian voice Reckoner is committed to offering a “no-holds-barred” approach to its writing. Beholden to no one but its audience. Reckoner’s goal is to remain completely transparent and honour the trust it’s built with its faithful readership.

Support Reckoner!
Thanks for stopping by. It looks like you're really enjoying the content so why not help a brother out and pitch in for a coffee.

Your support makes all the difference!