Canon have announced Australian pricing an availability for their latest generation mirrorless camera the Canon EOS M50 Mark II.
When I made the move to mirrorless a few years ago now, I ended up on the M50 train. It was one of the only cameras to have a fully articulating viewfinder a hot-shoe mount and a 3.5mm mic input. It was a no brainer that at the time came with the added bonus of filming video in 4K, which many did not.
Things have clearly moved on since then and with the rise of “content-creators” and “influencers” the next generation EOS M50 MkII looks to introduce a series of features to better facilitate the rapid rate of content production required, whilst also being a damn fine camera to boot.
The new version will be available in kit only form to begin with, being sold as a body with an EF-M15-45 lens at an RRP of A$1,199 in March.
Key features of the new M50 MkII include:
- Create and share content to any platform quickly through Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
- Capture vertical videos to post quickly to social channels
- Clean HDMI output for high quality live-streaming
- 24.1MP APS-C sensor for stunning images and Full HD video
- Versatile Vari-Angle touchscreen display for multiple shooting options
- A 3.5mm microphone input for professional sound quality
- Lens compatibility to match all perspectives and styles