Delivery robot catches fire on the job

Category: News

The battery ignited with “some smoke and minor flames,” causing a student to grab a nearby fire extinguisher before the Berkeley Fire Department arrived to make sure that it wouldn’t reignite.

Did anyone order BBQ?

The non-New Zealand affiliated delivery startup, which uses a combination of automated robots and human delivery drivers, had one of its batteries catch fire mid delivery.

According to their blog post the battery wasn’t replaced in time as it was scheduled to do so and has resulted in what they believe to be an issue impacting 0.6% of their robot fleet.

Source: Kiwi blames ‘human error’ after delivery robot catches fire | TechCrunch

Leave a Reply